Instead a 10% discount, Leslee will give 40% discount for SOS members
located in Santa Monica on the weekends and Topanga Cyn during the week. This form of psychotherapy is 21st Century, neuro-science based. This cutting edge form of psychotherapy is different because instead of working just with the cognitive “thinking brain”(CBT-cognitive behavioral therapy) I work with the nervous system which is controlled by the hind brain the Reptilian brain the fight/flight/freeze brain. Neuro science has shown us in the last 30 years that the nervous system comes on line before the “thinking brain”. This approach is very gentle and yet very effective in shifting behaviors that are below “the radar” of the rational thinking brain. This work can also help to relieve physical pain caused from unresolved issues related to combat and being in The Service.
If anyone might be interested it would be a good idea to first read about this type of therapy on my website then call me for a free 20 minute consultation. This way he or she could then ask questions and find out more to see if “we are a good fit”, www.lesleecookmft.com.
LESLEE COOK MFT, SEP
1978-Present Private Practice, Topanga, CA
Marriage, Family, Child Therapist, SEP,NMP
• Specializing in neuro science based Somatic Experiencing and
the Neuro Affective Relational Model approach for resolving
early developmental issues of neglect and trauma for families,
individual, teens, dealing with addiction recovery, eating
disorders, anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder
and P.T.S.D. When appropriate utilizing Somatic Experiencing
Touch, and Neuro Affective Touch.
1978-2009 Pierce Community College Woodland Hills, CA
Disabled Student Counselor
▪ College, career, personal, and crisis counseling for hearing impaired
AD.D. and A.D.H.D., learning disabled, orthopedic, neurological and
visually disabled students.
▪ 1974-1977 California State University Northridge, CA
B.A., Theatre Arts
M.A., Educational Psychology
▪ Bilingual (American Sign Language and English)
▪ 1978 Licensed Marriage Family Child Counselor
▪ 1985 & 1991 Certified level I & II EMDR
▪ 1985 Professor of Psychology, L.A. Pierce College
▪ 2010 Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
▪ 2011 Somatic Experiencing Advanced Touch Skills
▪ 2014 Neuro Affective Relational Model Practitioner
▪ 2015 Neuro Affective Touch Practitioner
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Somatic Experience,Advanced S.E. Touch, Neuro
Affective Touch, Movement Therapy,Guided Imagery, EMDR, Stress and Pain
Management, Anger Management, Life Coaching, Aromatherapy,
Mind/Body/Spirit Alignment, Addiction Recovery.
Interests :Cultivating deeper self-awareness through mindfulness, meditation,
dance, Taoist Chi Kung Practices, hiking in nature and Yoga.